The Best Video Ad Networks and Where to Find Them
Advertising priorities are constantly changing, and in 2020 they gravitate more and more towards video ads network. 30 years ago, TV was paramount to reach and engagement, then the web arrived and display ads captivated the audience for decades. Finally, digital video content came to the foreground.
According to the eMarketer report, by 2023 digital video will cover almost half of the Earth population, giving unprecedented reach, and targetable, highly contextualized impressions to advertisers.
Displaying video ads requires several prerequisites, no wonder this inventory is mostly concentrated in the designated video ad networks. Let’s investigate what constitutes a good video ad network.
Why is video advertising set in networks?
The claim that modern consumers are more inclined to consume information in video format is already a proven fact. We spend nearly 7 hours watching online videos every week. Of course, businesses are actively using the growth of the video advertising market and search for new digital mediums to place their ads.
Thus far, they use two channels to distribute video ads:
- First, posting video ads alongside user-generated content on social media. Brands should bear in mind that social networks have often been accused of spawning fake news, allegations, and conspiracy theories. Thus, it cannot be called a safe space for advertisers who want to secure their reputation.
- Alternatively, a more brand-safe option is ad exchanges or premium ad networks that offer ad spaces in different environments: from web and in-app to CTV premium media. Providing almost unlimited ad formats, they give advertisers more room for creativity and broader reach.
According to the forecasts, the in-app ad spend will increase to $201 billion by the end of 2021. Therefore, a lot of attention is paid to mobile developers.
A group of publishers or media houses may build an ad network for the sake of effective monetization management. In this case, the network helps them streamline and organize the process of selling multi-faceted video ad space.
What is a video ads network?
We’ve recently published a detailed guide, specifying what is an ad network and how it evolved over the years.
A video ad network is a specific network dedicated to traffic monetization with the help of video ads. It can integrate numerous platforms and connect advertising space owners (a.k.a publishers) with the brands willing to place the ads (advertisers).
Premium ad networks can give them access to the ad inventory, by setting up a TradeDesk where they can load the creatives, set targeting and optimize the campaigns on-the-go.
Why do publishers need an ad network?
If you still have doubts about monetizing your media assets through a network, then it is time to delve into its advantages.
So, the list of benefits of ad network includes:
- Effective advertising management
- Optimization and control for a media holding or a publisher with a bunch of websites or apps
- Excludes the middleman and put publishers in charge of monetization
- Can negotiate better yield from the ad placement
What to look for in a video ads network?
To focus your sight on a myriad of networks on the market, we advise you to fix your attention on its main characteristics.
Several platforms (e.g Admixer.Network) offer their own demand and inventory management in addition to the ad serving technology. It helps to keep monetization channels under control.
Make sure publishers have the ability to choose the level of integration from ready-to-operate campaigns to manual control through their personal accounts. In any case, they will need advanced analytics of video indicators to analyze and correct further decisions, and in some cases, to provide future forecasts.
Depending on the preferences of the audience and the goals of advertisers, you can choose the time, length, and format of playback. In addition, look for a variety of screen customization to have access to consumers of all popular devices. It is also necessary to consider the formats offerings for video clips.
Extra settings of location and time targeting, demographic and behavioral factors, specific IP address or page, as well as retargeting options will help you optimize your video campaign a lot.
Finally, everything mentioned above requires a reliable technical side for stable services and constant support.
How to build your own video ads network?
It would be a crime to leave you at a stage where you are already intrigued by the pros of working with an ad network without being aware of the available options. And one of the most tempting is the Admixer Network.
Here are just some of its strengths:
- Customizable advertising technology. Admixer.Network has a modular system that allows you to build video ad networks that will fit all your business needs.
- Integrated video player – Player.best. If you create your video ad network with Admixer, you won’t have to search how to display a video elsewhere. Admixer already has a video player that you can add to your video ad network to run high-paying ads.
- Data segmentation. Admixer has its own DMP and if you want to gather and segment your first-party data, you can do it with it.
- Access to video demand from direct advertisers. Admixer provides you not only with the best-in-class ad serving solution to build your own video ad network. It also connects you with hundreds of advertisers, and you can ask your manager to connect your inventory to the trusted partners.
- Different monetization options. There’s a waterfall, openRTB, and header bidding available. Choose the most suitable one for your audience, according to the pros and cons of different monetization options.
So, if you’ve enjoyed the benefits of making an ad network, you might want to establish contacts with those vendors who go the extra mile for their publishers.
The best ad networks enable customers to conveniently customize advertising technology, and provide a variety of monetization options, data segmentation, and access to direct demand. It’s even better if there is a built-in video player and an integrated personal account, while you can focus only on traffic multiplication.